Wednesday

Hello! As of late my technology focus has been geared towards composition using electronics, both pre-recorded and live manipulation of live sound. I wrote and premiered my first composition at Carnegie Hall a few weeks ago. It is for flute and bass (played by the fabulous Eleonore Oppenheim) and digital delay, looping, and distortion pedals. At the beginning of the piece, I created an ambient drone on f by having the flute and bass sound feed into separate distortion pedals, which in turn went into a the delay/looping pedal Line6. After recording the live sound into the Line6, I began a cycle of 14 second playback over which we played long, slow, and somewhat creepy melodies. All in all, it was a fantastic experience and I feel I've grown tremendously as a musician by beginning to write! Now all l have to do is get a clip of the piece (called "Fracture," by the way) up online! Over and out.

No comments: